Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Early Poems: Part One

After moving to my own house I have been going through The Boxes.  You know the ones.  Filled with priceless worthless treasure; trinkets, movie tickets, birthday and Christmas cards, half empty journals, random photos that never found a frame.

I've found more than a couple journals slathered with awkward writings and poems.  As I come across ones that don't make me cringe, I will share them here.

I'll start with the following three. Keep in mind that the poems below are a good 6-8 years old.  But I don't know if that makes them worse, or better.



Skin

I walked a while in my skin
It peeled and blistered in the sun.
It slipped down, I pulled it up again
Clinging to the burden.

I felt a numbing to the touch
A stinging in my racing blood.
I dropped the fabric from my hands
I left it laying on the ground.

I heard a whisper in the wood
I followed till I found the sound.
I was at last, as I wished,
fully clothed as I bowed down.

Heart

While you were locking down the doors
A shadow slipped in undetected
It haunted all your corners
It fell where hope was unprotected

You really need to dust these places you've neglected.


Do you see her?

Do you see her?
Isn't she good?
It would be far better
If she understood
My love doesn't falter
This flame does not flicker
I'll meet her at the alter
When her Fall turns to Winter

Look to my daughter
Behold my servant
Check out My baby
- isn't she worth it?
I wish she knew me
Her sacrificial Lamb
She's everything she should be
I know because I Am

No comments:

Post a Comment