Sunday, August 4, 2013

Retirement

I'm not feeling terribly inspired today.  However, I know it is important to push through this lack of interest and work anyway.  So, here I am.  Here I am to write.  Something.  Some of you with something, anything, better to do may want to go about your business.  The rest of you; fasten your seat belts.

So far today, I woke up late and rushed to get ready for church.  After church I went to Whole Foods, where I purchased an iced coffee and some yogurt.  I then came home, looked up who the 12th Doctor will be, watched Miss Marple on Netflix, ate cold pizza, and am currently on the living room floor typing this post as my laptop battery recharges. 

The only thing I've decided for certain today is that when I'm in my 80's, I'm going to solve crimes.  I'll be cute, tactical, and borderline aggravating.  I'll have friends all over the English countryside who will invite me in and make me tea while I scrutinize their neighbors and relatives for clues.  I will be at first a nuisance, and then revered by the local authorities.  I can't imagine a better way to retire.  Now, if I could only decide what to do with the next 50 years.  I suppose I could start my sleuthing career a little early by taking my cue from Jessica Fletcher.  Bonus- I'd be a successful murder mystery writer. 

I don't know about you, but I feel pretty good about this plan.  Still, I'm left with at least 25-30 years until I make it official.  Since my golden years are going to be pretty darn exciting, I suppose I can risk something a bit more mundane in the interim.  A home, family, and hanging out with friends.  Perhaps a good Murder Mystery Dinner from time to time.  After all, I'm going to need the practice.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. If you recall from the esteemed Jessica Fletcher shows... she was often in mortal danger and made some rather foolish decisions about "checking out strange sounds". Hmmmm, is this what you really want? :)

    ReplyDelete