Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Behold!

 
The Flying Pie Habanero Pizza.

Come one, come all, to ruin your palate on this deceptively delicious, gourmet, seasonal pie. 

Tip: Ask for cream cheese as an additional topping.  It cuts the heat.

Flying Pie Pizza is a regional favorite and you have to give them a try if you're ever in Idaho.  Every year in August when Habanero peppers are in full force, so is this pizza.  It is a big event for pizza lovers; even those who hate habaneros are more than happy to file in as spectators.



Warning:  You have to sign a waiver to take this pizza out of the restaurant


There are three levels to the Habanero Pizza:

Level One:  Approximately 6 fresh habanero peppers (heat equivalent of 5lbs of jalapeños). 
Level Two: Approximately 12 fresh habanero peppers (heat equivalent of 10lbs of jalapeños).
Level Three: Approximately 18 fresh habanero peppers (the heat equivalent of 15lbs of jalapeños).

Why would anyone submit themselves to this special kind of torture?  Well, some people love heat; some people love a challenge; and some people love to laugh at both.  Even an old pro will turn some shade of red upon consumption. 

Bonus:  Free ice cream with every pizza ordered.

I'm not getting paid to write this, (although if they wanted to buy me a slice, I'd let them).  I only bring it up because Flying Pie's Habanero pizza was one of the very first outings of my Adventure of the Month Club.  It holds a special place in my heart, and I look forward to it even though it's hotter than my personal liking.  I was there just this last Friday, and will be meeting some more friends this coming weekend for a second round.

 So, If you're ever in the area late summer, and ready for a challenge, you know where to find me.


Remember:  Avoid touching your face until after you've washed your hands.  Habanero oil in your eye is an adventure worth skipping.












3 comments:

  1. I didn't know this existed! So excited to try next time I visit. Thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could introduce you to something new! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete