Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sunny Days

Today is one of those warm, lovely days that inspires people to leave their couches and venture outside.  Until it gets a bit too warm and I, I mean- they, scramble back for home.  I was sitting outside at the cafe enjoying Out of the Silent Planet, by C.S. Lewis, when the temperature rose a bit high for my temperament and I made my escape.

I trekked home through the sports complex passing playing children and parents huddled in the shade with cameras, or binoculars, (depending on how close the shade was to the game).  Ground hogs, who normally dominate the entire park must hate Saturdays.  Their homes quake with the heavy footfalls of oblivious humans.  Several dodged away from me as I crisscrossed the fields.

I took a short cut on a walking path that runs behind our neighborhood.  Some winged created attempted to fly up my right nostril before I snorted it out.  I don't know what is going around with nature lately; the other day a bee flew into my car and down my shirt.  I managed to stay on the road as I opened my collar and waived it back out the window.    

All this to say that despite the heat, and the bugs, I lived all week for this weekend.  Not my best week at work thus far.  So, a couple days with nothing planned?  Perfection.  I hope everyone finds their weekend equally refreshing. 

A few weeks back I promised you an exciting tell-all regarding my sailing adventure.  Well I have to admit it was less eventful then I anticipated, aka, no one fell off the boat.  Honestly- I loved it! I can't wait to go again and I promise to dedicate my next post to details.  

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment